The Intro course is for anyone who'd like a taste of ski touring. Over 3-days we include technical sessions, covering ski technique and mountain safety skills and tips on how to use your ski touring equipment. The Ski Touring short course visits some of the best day tours in the Chamonix region, and weather and conditions dependent can include a day in Italy or Switzerland.
Modern equipment makes ski touring much easier, many brands now make boots, bindings and skis that enable you to do it all. Its not necessary to buy skis and boots just for ski touring, many alpine set-ups can now do the job just as well.
We recommend taking park in our weekend 'Avalanche awareness' course in preparation for any or our Ski Touring or Backcountry skiing course although its not essential as we cover some standard safety content in all of our off-piste course.
Skiing Ability: Intermediate to advanced
Group Size: 6
Level: Can ski varied terrain and conditions, good level of fitness.
Private guided ski touring days are available on request.
3 day breakdown:
- Day 1: Ski and ski touring technique, Avalanche safety
- Day 2: Ski touring in the Chamonix area, touring technique and mountain safety
- Day 3: Ski touring in the Chamonix area, touring technique and mountain safety
- The Classic – Crochues – Berard Traverse
- Col De Beugeant
- Col Du Lac Cornu – Col De La Gliere
- Le Mont Buet
- Les Grande Autannes
- 3 days guiding and instruction from one of the fully qualified Tinderbox team
- Lift Pass
- Flights (Geneva)
- Resort transfers
- Skiing insurance (make sure your covered)
- Skiing equipment
- (Choose insurance cover including off-piste and ski touring)