The Dozer D-2 EXT is the most effective hoe shovel available; with positive slip-proof grips on both the shaft and blade. The Dozer easily converts to a traditional shovel making it adaptable to any backcountry situation. Extendable and still packable, the D-2 EXT is BCA's answer to the digging dilemma.
The 6061 aluminum BCA Bomber shovels feature an oval shaft with a more packable, bombproof, "ferrule-less" blade, ergonomic grip, and T6 heat treatment. The 2012/2013 Bomber Shovels now feature an end cap on the shaft, which prevents snow from building up along the inside. The Bomber line boasts an off-the-chart strength to weight ratio, while taking up minimal storage space in your pack. Remember, the excavation process in an avalanche rescue is where the most time can be lost or gained.
- Weight: 2 pounds / 32 ounces / 0.936 Kg
- Shovel Blade Dimensions: 10 X 11 in / 25 X 28 cm
- Compressed Handle & Shaft Length: 18 in / 46 cm
- Extended Handle & Shaft Length: 24 in / 61 cm
- Assembled Collapsed Length: 24.6 in / 62.6 cm
- Assembled Extended Length: 31.9 in / 81.1 cm
For information on how to organize and excavate efficiently, download the guide below:
Snow Safety 101 - Shovelling