Our pro/guiding/diehard pack for those carrying the full quiver of essentials.
The Alp 40 Winter Pack is built for the most serious backcountry enthusiasts. With a removable top lid, roll-top closure, and side access, the Alp 40 will reliably stash your goods and let you stuff your puffy into the bottom without dumping all your gear in the snow. Get your backcountry equipment packed up in the Alp 40, your powder mansion awaits.
- The molded back panel and fully adjustable waist-belt and shoulder straps keep the Alp 40 firmly strapped to your back so you hardly notice it's there when you make your descent
- A roll-top main compartment with specially designated pockets comfortably stows your extra layers, probe, skins, shovel, and puffy, while the side access enables you to get to it all
- The extendable and removable top lid gives you some extra space for the most epic of backcountry adventures
- A stowable helmet carry system lets you take the protection you need to the backcountry without having to deal with a helmet flopping around on your pack while you skin up
- BCA's Freezeproof Hydration System keeps your beverages in liquid form (reservoir not included)
- This pack best fits torsos between 17 and 22 inches
What style ski carry system does it have?
The Alp 40 has the option of either a diagonal or A-frame ski carry system with straps that tuck neatly away when not in use. There are straps on the front side that allow you to vertically carry a snowboard. You can also carry a snowboard horizontally by securing it under the straps that connect from the lid to the lower part of the pack.
What is the compatibility with BCA shovels and probes?
The Alp 40 is compatible with all of our shovels and probes except the Arsenal probe system shaft. The shaft will not fit in the dedicated shovel handle sleeve but will fit in the main storage compartment.
- Material: Nylon
- Colour: Red
- Access: Top, side
- Pockets: [external] top, 2 waist-belt, [internal] shovel / probe
- Shovel Pocket: Yes
- Ski Carry: A-frame, Diagonal
- Snowboard Carry: Vertical
- Support/Suspension: Molded back panel
- Waist-Belt: Yes
- Hydration Compatible: Yes
- Reservoir Included: No
- Rain Cover: No
- Weight: 3 lb 6 oz / 1.41 Kg
- Volume: 2440 cubic inches
- Recommended Use: Backcountry
- Warranty: 3 years