All mountain skiing is anything from carving on the Piste to skiing steeper slopes and powder and everything in between. This is one of our most popular course's with many skiers now wanting to taste more of the mountain. Modern ski design of course makes this easier with wider, more shaped and playful skis. Designed to be used in a wide range of terrain, modern skis will carve like slalom skis on piste and float like freeride skis in powder. From our perspective as skiers in order to get the most from our all mountain equipment we need to become more rounded and versatile skiers with tactics and technique to match.
Playing with the terrain, instead of against it is the aim! Looking at the mountain in new and refreshing ways, to help us flow more naturally with the contours, bumps and hollows. This all mountain course is the perfect introduction to skiing more of the mountain and an ideal foundation course for our L2 All Mountain and Backcountry courses. Exploring a broader range of skills and tactics giving you the tools to adjust your skiing to match modern equipment and more variable terrain.
Level: Ski red runs with ease, ready to explore!
Skiing Ability: Intermediate to advanced
Group Size: 6
Starting on Piste we focus on developing a robust skiing posture, all dynamic movements then evolve from this centred position enabling you to explore the many facets of All mountain skiing. Learn to read and adapt technique and tactics to the changing snow conditions (Crud, windblown, corn, crust) and adapting quickly. Sessions aimed at skiing bumps, variables, piste and steeper slopes will challenge you to become a more rounded and versatile skier! Informal on the mountain video analysis
A typical day includes lots of guided skiing, short sessions and plenty of time to practice. "SKI TO LEARN"
5 day breakdown:
- Day 1: Foundations of great skiing technique
- Day 2: Controlling speed and choice of line
- Day 3: Exploring how adjustments match the changes in terrain
- Day 4: Matching our skiing to flow more with the terrain with refined skiing technique
- Day 5: Testing our technique on a big day of skiing the whole mountain
- 3 Day option available
- All mountain skis with a waist of at least 80mm and a turn radius of less than 23m.
- K2 Sideshow 90mm – K2 Hardside 98mm- K2 Aftershock 86mm – K2 Charger 80mm
- Its important to us that you get the most from our courses so we aim to run well matched ability groups, if you're not to sure what course would suit you best please take a look at the ability guide or drop us a line.
- 5 full days guiding and instruction from fully qualified British ISTD Level 4 ski teacher.
- Lift Pass
- Flights (Geneva)
- Resort transfers
- Skiing insurance (make sure your covered)
- Skiing equipment