The All Mountain Freeride L2 course is focused on fine-tuning the skills developed in the L1 course. Moving technique and tactics along to help deal with the ever changing mountain. Freeride is about freedom and the freedom to express yourself though you skiing. Whilst keeping a focus on your all mountain skiing technique we'll help you look at the terrain in new and playful ways enabling you to flow with rather than against the terrain. Modern equipment design helps us ski more of the mountain, wider platforms cut through changing snow conditions like crud and crust better than ever. Blurring the boundaries between piste and off-piste, the all mountain skier has a bigger verity of skills and is a more rounder skier.
Level – L1 course completed, can ski black runs with ease!
Basic avalanche safety skills are included on this course.
Skiing Ability: Intermediate to advanced
Group Size: 6
Starting with a focus on the fundamentals and developing our natural skiing posture. Dynamic skiing evolves from a solid foundation and the ability to return to this centred skiing position quickly. Using the terrain to your advantage is a key skill in all mountain skiing, tactics are used to approach different terrain features in a range of ways. Skiing the bumps for example can be done in a multitude of ways with a huge range of movements and tactics. Once developed this flexible approach to skiing can help you cope with the ever changing mountain and conditions.
This course requires a good level of skiing and aerobic fitness, you should be in shape and ready to ski for a full week.
A typical day would include lots of guided skiing, short technical sessions and plenty of time to practice. "SKI TO LEARN"
5 day breakdown:
- Day 1: Warm-ups and foundation technique recap
- Day 2: Testing our technique on more difficult terrain
- Day 3: Introducing new movements and techniques
- Day 4: Controlling speed and choice of line. Bigger lines and steeper slopes
- Day 5: Putting it all together, freeride day Chamonix style
- All mountain skis with a waist of at least 80mm and a turn radius of less than 23m.
- K2 Sideshow 90mm – K2 Hardside 98mm- K2 Aftershock 86mm – K2 Charger 80mm
- Its important to us that you get the most from our courses so we aim to run well matched ability groups, if you're not to sure what course would suit you best please take a look at the ability guide or drop us a line.
- 5 days guiding and instruction from fully qualified British ski teacher with video analysis.
- Lift Pass
- Flights (Geneva)
- Resort transfers
- Skiing insurance (make sure your covered)
- Skiing equipment